Hipped Summerhouse 512 - Cedar, Cedar Shingles
Sizes from 8'x8' to 18'x12'. These top of the range, high quality hipped roof summerhouses feature cedar cladding as standard. Other quality features include a cedar shingle roof, internal lining, Georgian glazing, toughened glass and double hinged doors. Options include a colour painted finish, double glazing, insulation and a laminate floor. The pictures show the 12'x8' single glazed summerhouse with optional colour painted finish.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 31st August.
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- 10 year timber guarantee
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- Decorative grooved and painted MDF internal lining
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows made from Western Red Cedar
- Georgian glazing
- Large glazed area with low level glazing included
- 2 fully opening side hinged windows in each side wall
- 2 non opening front windows
- 4mm toughened safety glass to BS6206 Class A throughout
- Decorative arched heads to doors and windows (single glazed summerhouses only)
- Double doors 6' high x 3'8" wide (1835mm x 1120mm) with high security mortice lock and lever handles in a chrome or brass finish
- Solid raised and fielded door panels
- Strong 57mm x 32mm planed deal framework (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Ornate finials
- Decorative moulded and mitred window beads
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'11" (2120mm)
- Eaves height 7'1" (2170mm)
- Ridge height 9'6" or 2890mm (8' wide)
- Ridge height 10'0" or 3050mm (10' wide)
- Ridge height 10'6" or 3200mm (12' wide)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
HIGH SPECIFICATION DOORS & WINDOWS: The door leaves and window sashes in this garden room are similar to those used in housebuilding, with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. All sashes are fitted with good quality ironmongery.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- High quality coloured paint finish in a choice of colours
- Choice of brass or chrome plated door and window handles
- Double glazed doors and windows (supplied with square heads, arched heads not available with double glazed sealed units)
- Insulated floor, walls and roof
- 7mm thick hardwearing laminate floor in a choice of attractive finishes
- This garden room can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT TREATMENT: A high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. The shiplap boards are treated with one coat prior to manufacture to prevent any shrinkage marks. Two further coats are applied after manufacturing. All window and door frames are treated with base coat prior to manufacturing. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any summerhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your summerhouse or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your summerhouse at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your summerhouse at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these garden rooms is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your garden room can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order.
- Delivery is normally between 3 and 4 weeks after order for unpainted summerhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order for painted finish summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These high quality summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
- Pay 50% interim balance before delivery by cheque or card.
- Pay the final 20% balance by cheque to the fitter on the day of installation or if you prefer you can pay the final balance by debit or credit card a couple of days before installation.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This high quality summerhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other buildings. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality buildings which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these premium quality summerhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.